Sunday, September 25, 2005

More Sue Gift Pics

Well, I've managed to turn the heel nicely. I have not, however, had very good success with the gussett. Here is the leg of the first sock:


I'm really happy with the way that it turned out. I really like the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn. It's nice and soft and stretchy. This is another case of yarn I didn't like in the skein knitting up really nicely!

Here is a close-up of the braided cable stitch:


Here is the gussett that is giving me troubles:


I'm in the process of frogging it a second time. The pattern instructions say to pick up 12 stitches along each side of the heel flap, but this means I needed to skip over some rows. This left a couple of holes along the side of the heel flap, so I'm just going to pick up one stitch per row (actually, two rows, since the edge stitches are slipped) and make a few more decreases than the pattern calls for.