Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Gusset Success!

Here is a blurry picture of the gusset that has FINALLY been conquered:


I still haven't figured out how to take decent close-ups with my camera, so please forgive the horrible picture quality.

The fourth time was the charm for this baby. I wasn't going to rip it out again - I would've done some artistry with the yarn needle if I couldn't get it right this time. But, I managed to close that persistent little hole at the corner of the heel flap and the gusset. I had to pick up one extra stitch on the right side and two on the left, and then I actually had to drop one of those picked up stitches and re-route it through the stitch I was picking it up through (does that make any sense at all?) in order to get a tighter join. I am quite happy with my gusset now, and am dreading the 6 inches of plain stockinette and ribbing I need to do before I start the toe decreases. I was having a blast with this sock until that stupid gusset! Oh, well. I still have three months before Christmas, right?